UK campaigners call for Nobel Prize for Malala Yousufzai
- Six Shiv Sena workers arrested for paint attack on Sudheendra Kulkarni
- Bihar elections: 57% turnout in first phase, voting peaceful
- PM Modi lashes out at Nitish Kumar over Kushwaha's video, says JP insulted on birthday
- Industrial production touches 3-year high, grows at 6.4% in August
- 10 years of RTI : While the government is willing, officials are not
Her shooting was the culmination of years of campaigning that had pitted the young girl against one of Pakistan's most ruthless Taliban commanders, Maulana Fazlullah.
Fazlullah and his men have taken over Yusufzai's native Swat Valley and have blown up girls' schools and publicly executed those they deem immoral. An army offensive in Swat has however forced many Taliban fighters to flee.
The call to nominate the girl comes on the eve of this Saturday's Global Day of Action for Yousufzai, marking one month since her shooting.
In October, the Nobel Peace Prize went to the European Union for promoting peace and democracy.
Malala continues to make satisfactory progress
Pakistani teenage rights activist Malala Yousafzai, shot in the head by the Taliban, continues to make satisfactory progress, the doctors have said.