UK girl saves diabetic dad by feeding him jelly babies
- Govt signs peace accord with NSCN(IM), PM Modi calls it 'historic'
- BJP takes U-turn on land bill, agrees to bring back UPA's key provisions
- Crisis deepens: Speaker suspends 25 Cong MPs, Sonia digs in heels
- India to take up Gurdaspur terror attack in NSA-level talks with Pakistan
- JBT scam: Supreme Court upholds jail term of Om Prakash Chautala, his son
A quick-thinking British girl of six saved her diabetic father by feeding him jelly babies, a type of soft confectionery, and calling an ambulance when he suffered a seizure.
Dave Fitzpatrick, 41, started to feel unwell as his blood sugar levels dropped but daughter Lilly recognised he was slipping into a coma.
She rubbed a special glucose gel on his cheek as she knew it gave sufferers a jolt of sugar into the body. But when that failed, quick-thinking Lilly remembered the sweets in her lunchbox, the Mirror Online reported.
Lilly, who wants to be a doctor, said: "I knew jelly babies are really sweet so I got them and popped them into my dad's mouth."