UK girl saves diabetic dad by feeding him jelly babies
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Amnesty welcomes SC verdict on transgender
- If Modi loses in Varanasi, no one will make him PM: Arvind Kejriwal
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
A quick-thinking British girl of six saved her diabetic father by feeding him jelly babies, a type of soft confectionery, and calling an ambulance when he suffered a seizure.
Dave Fitzpatrick, 41, started to feel unwell as his blood sugar levels dropped but daughter Lilly recognised he was slipping into a coma.
She rubbed a special glucose gel on his cheek as she knew it gave sufferers a jolt of sugar into the body. But when that failed, quick-thinking Lilly remembered the sweets in her lunchbox, the Mirror Online reported.
Lilly, who wants to be a doctor, said: "I knew jelly babies are really sweet so I got them and popped them into my dad's mouth."
She called for help and waited for an ambulance. Dave, of Birmingham, has since made a full recovery and said: "I wouldn't be here without her, she's a little hero."