UK: Imminent threat against westerners in Benghazi
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Britain's Foreign Office is urging UK nationals to immediately leave the Libyan city of Benghazi in response to an imminent threat against westerners.
The Foreign Office has advised against all travel to Benghazi since September.
It said today it is aware of a "specific and imminent threat" to westerners in Benghazi, eastern Libya, and urged all British nationals still there to leave immediately.
It would not comment on the nature of the threat.
The warning comes a day after US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton testified to US lawmakers about the handling of the deadly Sept 11 attack on the American mission in Benghazi. The attack killed the US ambassador to Libya and three other Americans.