UK: Imminent threat against westerners in Benghazi
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
Britain's Foreign Office is urging UK nationals to immediately leave the Libyan city of Benghazi in response to an imminent threat against westerners.
The Foreign Office has advised against all travel to Benghazi since September.
It said today it is aware of a "specific and imminent threat" to westerners in Benghazi, eastern Libya, and urged all British nationals still there to leave immediately.
It would not comment on the nature of the threat.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness