UK’s ‘race-hate’ schools encouraging anti-British feeling in kids
- 'Narendra Modi's bad cop': The Amit Shah you didn’t know
- Hollande in India: Counter-terrorism, space, energy on the table
- Pathankot attack: India has given fresh evidence, we will verify it, says Nawaz Sharif
- Tamil Nadu: Three suicides over fees but no rooms, teachers in medical college
- If I see a wall, I will scale it or if needed, break it: Tassaduq Hussain Mufti
'Race-hate' schools in Britain could be turning kids against the British way of life, secret papers have warned.
Ministers are said to have concerns that more than 100 independent faith schools, most of which are Islamic, could be encouraging anti-British hatred.
According to the Daily Star, education chiefs fear that they will be unable to crack down on extremism as it is too difficult to prove it is going on.
A government source said that 'there is a gap between what they think and know and what they can prove'.
Three schools flagged up as being "of interest" in the secret documents are run by a group which is alleged to have links to deported hate preacher Omar Bakri, the report said.
The schools, in north London and Berkshire, are controlled by the Islamic Shakhsiyah Foundation, which is reportedly been run by activists from Hizb ut-Tahrir, a hardline Islamic group Bakri was once a member of, it added.
However, the foundation said no such activists were on its board and added the Department of Education had "no concerns about extremism" in its schools.
Other faith schools said to be causing concerns include the Darul Uloom School in Birmingham.
- Activists cry for Rohith but do they ever fight for true empowerment of Dalits?
- More university campuses must put an end to the ways in which casteism operates
- How four National Voters’ Days added the equivalent of 20 Finlands to voter rolls
- Countering rising pollution, endemic, is best done via solutions ground-up
- PM has a bold vision for defence reform. Can his defence minister deliver?
- Across the aisle: 'My birth is my fatal accident'