UK-Indian actress lands role in Bollywood film 'Veer'
- Independence Day: No exchange of traditional sweets between BSF, Pakistan Rangers
- Govt rules out Sushma's resignation; Rahul Gandhi targets PM Modi
- Sushma Swaraj attacks the Gandhis in Parliament: Top quotes
- Bombay High Court to decide on Maggi ban today
- Bihar polls: JDU, RJD to contest on 100 seats each, Congress to fight in 40 constituencies
Parveen Bhairon, an Indian-origin actress from Coventry is thrilled to land a role in Salman Khan starrer Bollywood film 'Veer'.
She is the latest British Indian actor to feature in an Indian film after Katrina Kaif and Upen Patel.
Bhairon, 26, plays a supporting role in the film, which is said to be an epic love story about an Indian warrior fighting under the British Raj.
The film has been written by Salman Khan who also plays the lead role. Other actors in the movie include Jackie Shroff, who plays the villain, and Sohail Khan.
Bhairon, who has shot scenes in Bristol and Bath, told the local media: "It's been fantastic so far. I met Salman Khan a few times. He is very focused on his work - it's quite inspiring to see.
"We haven't been told what the film is all about - it's a bit of a secret - but the costumes are quite elaborate and there are a few fighting scenes. I'm looking forward to getting into the dialogue, which will come later. It's been interesting and exciting but a lot of hard work."