Ultramodern facility for IIM-Tiruchirapalli students, staff by 2015
- Lies being spread that govt will scrap reservation: PM Modi
- Bihar polls: PM Modi's rally at Bhabhua tomorrow gets EC clearance
- Policy decision on combat role for women soon, says Defence Minister Parrikar
- Delhi: 4-year-old girl raped, found bleeding near railway tracks
- K P Oli elected as new Prime Minister of Nepal
In around two years from now, students and faculty of IIM-T will get to study, exercise and each in a four star rated 'green building' with the very latest in audio and visual tools.
The massive 1.15 lakh square feet four storeyed adminstrative block will have an auditorium with seating for 1500, gymnasium, indoor stadium, clinic, virtual digital library and video conferencing facility. The well stocked library would have 9,000 volumes of books and journals.
The entire block, with provision to recycle water, would also house offices of both teaching and non teaching staff, besides their quarters and hostels for 1000 women and men, Prafulla Agnihotri, Director of Indian Institute of Management (Tiruchirapalli) said.
Students also need not fret over missing classes as advanced classrooms would ensure that they would be able to listen to recorded lectures later, he said.
Agnihotri said a Memorandum of Understanding had been signed with the Central Public Works Department, who would be the project consultant till completion. A CPWD approved architect had already submitted a plan for the project.