Ultramodern facility for IIM-Tiruchirapalli students, staff by 2015
- As a public figure, you must learn to face criticism: SC tells Jayalalithaa in defamation case
- Rajnath Singh: Those who believe in Kashmiriyat, Insaniyat & Jamhooriyat welcome for talks
- Rohith Vemula was not a Dalit, says probe panel set up by HRD Ministry
- Scorpene Submarine: Will probe leak, says DCNS; source not from India, says Defence Ministry
- Saradha scam: ED summons Chidambaram's wife Nalini
In around two years from now, students and faculty of IIM-T will get to study, exercise and each in a four star rated 'green building' with the very latest in audio and visual tools.
The massive 1.15 lakh square feet four storeyed adminstrative block will have an auditorium with seating for 1500, gymnasium, indoor stadium, clinic, virtual digital library and video conferencing facility. The well stocked library would have 9,000 volumes of books and journals.
The entire block, with provision to recycle water, would also house offices of both teaching and non teaching staff, besides their quarters and hostels for 1000 women and men, Prafulla Agnihotri, Director of Indian Institute of Management (Tiruchirapalli) said.
Students also need not fret over missing classes as advanced classrooms would ensure that they would be able to listen to recorded lectures later, he said.
Agnihotri said a Memorandum of Understanding had been signed with the Central Public Works Department, who would be the project consultant till completion. A CPWD approved architect had already submitted a plan for the project.
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways
- Mental Health Bill tries to address complex issues, but it’s a work in progress
- Modi’s recent statements could help end the troubled region’s long international isolation
- Divya Spandana: Pakistan is no hell, I stand by my remarks
- The freedom from unreason
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity