Ulwe is top realty investment destination
- Inclusion of Jats in OBC list comes under SC scanner
- Elections 2014 LIVE: NDA gas balloon will burst again like 2004, 2009: Rahul Gandhi
- RBI: Growth rate to stay under 6 per cent
- Modi has deep character flaws...wouldâve contested in Varanasi if I knew Hindi: Chidamabaram
- Will not review Centre's verdict granting life to Rajiv Gandhi killers: Supreme Court
Ulwe in Mumbai has emerged as the country's top destination for investment in the residential real estate where housing prices are expected to jump by 145 per cent over the next five years, according to a report by global property consultant Knight Frank.
Wadala and Chembur in Mumbai are at second and third positions in the list of 13-top residential destinations from an investment point of view, with price appreciation of 133 per cent and 125 per cent, respectively, during 2012-2017.
In Delhi-NCR region, the consultant said Noida Extension and Dwarka Expressway are the best locations to invest where housing prices are expected to rise by 111 per cent and 108 per cent, respectively, by 2017. Noida Extension and Dwarka Expressway are ranked 4th and 5th in the list.
Medavakkam (Chennai) ranks 6th with price appreciation of 103 per cent, followed by Hinjewadi (Pune) 100 per cent, Tathawade (Pune) 98 per cent, Ravet (Pune) 97 per cent, Hebbal (Bangalore) 94 per cent, Pallikarnai (Chennai) 93 per cent, Wakad (Pune) 91 per cent and KR Puram (Bangalore) 91 per cent.
Out of these 13 destinations, housing prices will double fastest at Ulwe (Mumbai) in 3.4 years ad slowest at KR Puram (Bangalore) in 5.5 years.
In its report 'India's Top Residential Destinations To Invest In', Knight Frank has identified 13 destinations in the country spread across Mumbai, Delhi-NCR, Bengaluru, Chennai and Pune. The report addresses the need of the house buyer from an investment point of view in the next five years.
"Notwithstanding the slump in the real estate market, the report unravels destinations like Ulwe in Mums as the most promising investment destination with estimated price appreciation of 145 per cent," Knight Frank said.
Ulwe will immensely benefit by the upcoming Seawood-Uran suburban rail network, which shall connect it to the prominent office hubs through a mass rapid transport system, it added.
- As campaigning picks up, candidates focus on strength areas of rivals
- 143 restaurants offer 30% discount to voters on April 30
- Auto union strike: Drivers demand Tricity permit
- RO serves Pawan Bansal show-cause notice
- BJP releases ‘chargesheet’ listing 16 Cong ‘scams’
- From mobile apps to post cards to call centres, parties go all out to woo voters