Uma warns of consequences if Togadia arrested
- India to grow at 7.5 per cent in 2016, faster than China: IMF
- Lalu Yadav, Amit Shah booked for 'Narbhakshi', 'Chara chor' comments
- Nehru's niece returns Sahitya Akademi Award, questions PM's silence on 'reign of terror'
- Delhi MLAs may get 400 per cent hike in salary
- American Airlines plane makes emergency landing after pilot dies mid-flight
BJP leader Uma Bharti warned Friday arresting Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader Praveen Togadia for an alleged hate speech "will not yield good results".
"Offence has been registered against Togadia to please Muslims angered by the arrest of MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi. If he is arrested, the results will not be good," she told the media here.
Bharti was in the city to deliver a lecture on 'Ganga purification'.
Former BJP president Nitin Gadkari was also present at the lecture organised on the occasion of death anniversary of Deendayal Upadhyaya.