Uma warns of consequences if Togadia arrested
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
BJP leader Uma Bharti warned Friday arresting Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader Praveen Togadia for an alleged hate speech "will not yield good results".
"Offence has been registered against Togadia to please Muslims angered by the arrest of MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi. If he is arrested, the results will not be good," she told the media here.
Bharti was in the city to deliver a lecture on 'Ganga purification'.
Former BJP president Nitin Gadkari was also present at the lecture organised on the occasion of death anniversary of Deendayal Upadhyaya.
Bharti said Ram temple was always an issue for BJP. "It is an issue of the entire Hindu community. It is about identity and faith of Hindus. BJP has fought many elections on the plank of development. The sants at Kumbh have discussed the issue. Some Muslim organisations are supporting temple, but Congress is politicising the issue by using extremist Muslims," she said.