Uma warns of consequences if Togadia arrested
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- Donât show exit polls disguised as opinion polls, says poll panel
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
BJP leader Uma Bharti warned Friday arresting Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader Praveen Togadia for an alleged hate speech "will not yield good results".
"Offence has been registered against Togadia to please Muslims angered by the arrest of MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi. If he is arrested, the results will not be good," she told the media here.
Bharti was in the city to deliver a lecture on 'Ganga purification'.
Former BJP president Nitin Gadkari was also present at the lecture organised on the occasion of death anniversary of Deendayal Upadhyaya.
Bharti said Ram temple was always an issue for BJP. "It is an issue of the entire Hindu community. It is about identity and faith of Hindus. BJP has fought many elections on the plank of development. The sants at Kumbh have discussed the issue. Some Muslim organisations are supporting temple, but Congress is politicising the issue by using extremist Muslims," she said.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18