Umesh Yadav doubtful for 2nd Test, Ashok Dinda called up as cover
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Indian fast bowler Umesh Yadav was today rendered doubtful for the second cricket Test against England, starting Friday, due to a lower back problem.
Yadav, who picked up four wickets in the first match in Ahemedabad, underwent a scan today and did not turn up for the practice session.
Bengal paceman Ashok Dinda has been called as a cover for Yadav. Incidentally, Dinda was called up as cover for Ishant Sharma as well.
Sharma was eventually ruled out of the first Test due to viral fever and Dinda returned back for Ranji duty after being released by the team management on the first day of the Ahmedabad Test.
India are leading the four-match series 1-0 after winning the first Test by nine wickets.
The second Test will be played at Wankhede Stadium here.