Umesh Yadav doubtful for 2nd Test, Ashok Dinda called up as cover
- Vasundhara Raje admits signing UK papers for Lalit Modi
- Beheading, explosion at factory in France; suspects captured
- US Supreme Court legalises same-sex marriage nationwide
- Sri Lanka President Maithripala Sirisena dissolves parliament eight months before elections
- 5 children dead, 11 injured after tree falls on school bus in Kerala
Indian fast bowler Umesh Yadav was today rendered doubtful for the second cricket Test against England, starting Friday, due to a lower back problem.
Yadav, who picked up four wickets in the first match in Ahemedabad, underwent a scan today and did not turn up for the practice session.
Bengal paceman Ashok Dinda has been called as a cover for Yadav. Incidentally, Dinda was called up as cover for Ishant Sharma as well.
Sharma was eventually ruled out of the first Test due to viral fever and Dinda returned back for Ranji duty after being released by the team management on the first day of the Ahmedabad Test.
India are leading the four-match series 1-0 after winning the first Test by nine wickets.
The second Test will be played at Wankhede Stadium here.