UN body picks BRT project to showcase it at key meet
- Dadri reminds us how PM Modi bears responsibility for the poison that is being spread
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
- From Arvind Kejriwal to Rahul Gandhi: Who said what on Dadri lynching
- Forensic lab rules out drug overdose in Indrani Mukerjea case
- Bihar polls: After Nitish Kumar's remark, BJP promises free petrol for scooties
The United Nations Climate Change Secretariat has chosen Ahmedabad BRT project to showcase it as one of the nine "lighthouse activities" undertaken by many developing countries. The event is scheduled in Doha from November 24 to December 7 as part of its momentum for change initiative.
The showcasing of these activities is expected to help developing countries curb greenhouse gas emissions and adapt to climate change.
The momentum for change was launched last year at the UNCCC (UN Climate Change Conference) in Dublin, according the UNCC secretariat.
Ahmedabad's BRT project has been chosen to be showcased to highlight the fact that addressing climate change is not a burden but an opportunity to improve the lives of people.
Ahmedabad municipal commissioner Dr Guruprasad Mohapatra on Sunday said he would go to Doha to attend the event. He said the AMC was invited to attend the function on December 4-6.