Unani doctor arrested for raping 13-yr-old
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Bandra police on Monday arrested a 48-year-old Unani doctor for allegedly raping a 13-year-old girl. Though the incident took place on Wednesday last week, the victim's uncle approached the police on Sunday evening after the girl told him about it.
Police said the victim lives with her uncle, a vegetable vendor, in Bandra (W), while her parents are in Bangalore. Accused Tahir Ansari, a resident of Maulana Baba Lane in Bandra (West), stay alone. Police said Ansari had been treating the girl's uncle and the girl often collected his medicines from the doctor's house.
On Wednesday last, Ansari allegedly called the girl to his house to collect medicines again. Police said Ansari offered her wafers while he went inside to get the medicine. Later, he gave her a black tablet saying that it would be good for her cough, and told her to have it. The victim then swallowed the tablet and fell unconscious, police said.
"She regained consciousness after over two hours. When she realised that she had been raped, she screamed at Ansari and fled the house crying," said an officer.
"We have sent Ansari for medical examination and will present him before a court on Tuesday," said the officer.