Unani doctor arrested for raping 13-yr-old
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
Bandra police on Monday arrested a 48-year-old Unani doctor for allegedly raping a 13-year-old girl. Though the incident took place on Wednesday last week, the victim's uncle approached the police on Sunday evening after the girl told him about it.
Police said the victim lives with her uncle, a vegetable vendor, in Bandra (W), while her parents are in Bangalore. Accused Tahir Ansari, a resident of Maulana Baba Lane in Bandra (West), stay alone. Police said Ansari had been treating the girl's uncle and the girl often collected his medicines from the doctor's house.
On Wednesday last, Ansari allegedly called the girl to his house to collect medicines again. Police said Ansari offered her wafers while he went inside to get the medicine. Later, he gave her a black tablet saying that it would be good for her cough, and told her to have it. The victim then swallowed the tablet and fell unconscious, police said.
"She regained consciousness after over two hours. When she realised that she had been raped, she screamed at Ansari and fled the house crying," said an officer.
"We have sent Ansari for medical examination and will present him before a court on Tuesday," said the officer.