Unani doctor arrested for raping 13-yr-old
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Malaysia military believes it has tracked missing jet over Strait of Malacca
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Bandra police on Monday arrested a 48-year-old Unani doctor for allegedly raping a 13-year-old girl. Though the incident took place on Wednesday last week, the victim's uncle approached the police on Sunday evening after the girl told him about it.
Police said the victim lives with her uncle, a vegetable vendor, in Bandra (W), while her parents are in Bangalore. Accused Tahir Ansari, a resident of Maulana Baba Lane in Bandra (West), stay alone. Police said Ansari had been treating the girl's uncle and the girl often collected his medicines from the doctor's house.
On Wednesday last, Ansari allegedly called the girl to his house to collect medicines again. Police said Ansari offered her wafers while he went inside to get the medicine. Later, he gave her a black tablet saying that it would be good for her cough, and told her to have it. The victim then swallowed the tablet and fell unconscious, police said.
"She regained consciousness after over two hours. When she realised that she had been raped, she screamed at Ansari and fled the house crying," said an officer.
"We have sent Ansari for medical examination and will present him before a court on Tuesday," said the officer.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express