Under fire Dhoni rushes to Sachin Tendulkar's defence, says don't speculate about his future
- Vote Supriya or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- India to pay Russia for arms, ammo it sells to Afghanistan
Well aware of Sachin Tendulkar's penchant for proving his detractors "wrong", Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni today advised everyone to stop speculating about the senior batsman's future in international cricket.
"When it comes to Sachin I feel the best thing to do is not to speculate. He has proved everybody wrong throughout his career. But I am not Sachin Tendulkar, may be when he comes for pc (press conference) you will have to ask him," Dhoni said.
The skipper was addressing the media a day ahead of the fourth and final Test against England.
Dhoni was of the opinion that Tendulkar's mere presence in a crisis situation like this is important from the team's point of view.
"He's the best man to have in the side in a game like this. The kind of experience he has and the kind of performances he has come up with over the years... he is someone we all look up to," Dhoni said.
Tendulkar has averaged 25 in 2012 and his innings of 76 at Calcutta against England was his first Test half century since Jan 3.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer