Under fire Dhoni rushes to Sachin Tendulkar's defence, says don't speculate about his future
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR face stiff CSK challenge in Dubai
Well aware of Sachin Tendulkar's penchant for proving his detractors "wrong", Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni today advised everyone to stop speculating about the senior batsman's future in international cricket.
"When it comes to Sachin I feel the best thing to do is not to speculate. He has proved everybody wrong throughout his career. But I am not Sachin Tendulkar, may be when he comes for pc (press conference) you will have to ask him," Dhoni said.
The skipper was addressing the media a day ahead of the fourth and final Test against England.
Dhoni was of the opinion that Tendulkar's mere presence in a crisis situation like this is important from the team's point of view.
"He's the best man to have in the side in a game like this. The kind of experience he has and the kind of performances he has come up with over the years... he is someone we all look up to," Dhoni said.
Tendulkar has averaged 25 in 2012 and his innings of 76 at Calcutta against England was his first Test half century since Jan 3.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'