- In Dadri, BJP's Sangeet Som accuses UP govt of framing innocent men for lynching incident
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says doctor
- Shashank Manohar unanimously elected as new BCCI president
- Non-declarants of foreign assets to be tried under black money law: FM
- Bihar polls: 130 candidates with serious criminal charges to contest in first phase
Not very often do designers dedicate collections to the lesser seen aspect of garments. Raw Mango, Sanjay Garg's label, known for its revitalised Chanderi saris, has introduced a collection of ready-made petticoats which use traditional Indian fabrics including Mashru and Cheent. Available in three sizes, the petticoats have been stitched with an 'A' line silhouette, making it comfortable to wear a sari around the waist area.
The collection "draws from the tradition of 'jama' which revealed handprinted and handwoven fabrics underskirts". Along with functionality, the collection also explores the petticoat by using prints, satin and satin weave which is exposed in subtle ways under the handwoven sari. The collection is priced at Rs 3,800.