Under-construction building collapses in Goa; 40 feared trapped
- LIVE: Rahul Gandhi returns to Delhi from sabbatical
- The two critical by-poll results which were overlooked
- 80 crore youth, 160 crore strong hands. What can we not achieve?
- Corporate war between media house, operator confounding net neutrality debate: TRAI chief Rahul Khullar
- Military institute student to son of ex-judge, Islamic State taps Dhaka gen-next
Atleast 40 people were feared trapped in the debris of an under construction building, which collapsed in Goa's Canacona town today, police said.
Superintendent of Police Shekhar Prabhudesai said the incident took place in the afternoon around 3PM and they are still ascertaining the exact number of people who were caught in the crash.
According to eye witnesses, more than 40 people were working on the construction site when the structure came crashing down.
Canacona is 80 kms Away from Panaji.
Police and fire and emergency services have been rushed to the spot and rescue work has begun.
Meanwhile, eyewitnesses claimed that rescue workers have retreived six bodies from the debris. However, no official confirmation on this has been received so far.