Under-construction building collapses in Goa; 40 feared trapped
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
Atleast 40 people were feared trapped in the debris of an under construction building, which collapsed in Goa's Canacona town today, police said.
Superintendent of Police Shekhar Prabhudesai said the incident took place in the afternoon around 3PM and they are still ascertaining the exact number of people who were caught in the crash.
According to eye witnesses, more than 40 people were working on the construction site when the structure came crashing down.
Canacona is 80 kms Away from Panaji.
Police and fire and emergency services have been rushed to the spot and rescue work has begun.
Meanwhile, eyewitnesses claimed that rescue workers have retreived six bodies from the debris. However, no official confirmation on this has been received so far.