Under-construction building collapses in Goa; 40 feared trapped
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Atleast 40 people were feared trapped in the debris of an under construction building, which collapsed in Goa's Canacona town today, police said.
Superintendent of Police Shekhar Prabhudesai said the incident took place in the afternoon around 3PM and they are still ascertaining the exact number of people who were caught in the crash.
According to eye witnesses, more than 40 people were working on the construction site when the structure came crashing down.
Canacona is 80 kms Away from Panaji.
Police and fire and emergency services have been rushed to the spot and rescue work has begun.
Meanwhile, eyewitnesses claimed that rescue workers have retreived six bodies from the debris. However, no official confirmation on this has been received so far.