Under-construction building collapses in Goa; 40 feared trapped
- Inclusion of Jats in OBC list comes under SC scanner
- April 1 Campaign roundup: EC expresses displeasure to Sharad Pawar over ink remark
- RBI: Growth rate to stay under 6 per cent
- Modi has deep character flaws...wouldâve contested in Varanasi if I knew Hindi: Chidamabaram
- SC junks Centreâs plea, stands by order to grant life to Rajiv's killers
Atleast 40 people were feared trapped in the debris of an under construction building, which collapsed in Goa's Canacona town today, police said.
Superintendent of Police Shekhar Prabhudesai said the incident took place in the afternoon around 3PM and they are still ascertaining the exact number of people who were caught in the crash.
According to eye witnesses, more than 40 people were working on the construction site when the structure came crashing down.
Canacona is 80 kms Away from Panaji.
Police and fire and emergency services have been rushed to the spot and rescue work has begun.
Meanwhile, eyewitnesses claimed that rescue workers have retreived six bodies from the debris. However, no official confirmation on this has been received so far.
- 50 lakh houses for poor, says Jagan
- Hair transplant ‘gone wrong’, court asks police to probe
- World’s oldest oil refinery suddenly turns a poll issue
- Scrap dealer died as doctors argued who’d attend to him, allege kin
- Telangana action panel questions TRS candidate choices
- HIV+ convict threatens suicide, police told to increase security