Undertrial dies after consuming poison
- IAF evacuates over 2,500 from Nepal; 250 feared missing after landslide
- 4,000 people, mostly Indians, to reach India in 80 buses tonight
- Nepal PM Koirala puts toll at 10,000, says rescue ops not effective
- There is no gag order on PM when abroad: Jaitley on row over Modi’s comment
- Bihar hospital puts 'Bhukamp' stickers on patients injured in the earthquake
An undertrial lodged in the district jail today died after he allegedly consumed poison in his barrack, jail officials said.
Neeraj, who was lodged in the jail on the charges of rape, consumed poison on the night of November 13 after which he was rushed to the hospital where he died this afternoon, jail superintendent A K Mishra said.
Mishra said that a suicide note was also recovered from his barrack in which the deceased stated that he was upset as his family members could not get him bail from the court.
An inquiry has been ordered by the jail administration in this regard, he added.