Undertrial dies after consuming poison
- Supreme Court to hear plea today for relook at verdict on gay sex
- J&K Governor calls for talks today, PDP signals phone call from Delhi may bring back BJP alliance
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6.7%; CRR at 4%
- Raigad: 13 Pune college students drown during picnic at Murud beach
- Zika virus outbreak: WHO declares global emergency
An undertrial lodged in the district jail today died after he allegedly consumed poison in his barrack, jail officials said.
Neeraj, who was lodged in the jail on the charges of rape, consumed poison on the night of November 13 after which he was rushed to the hospital where he died this afternoon, jail superintendent A K Mishra said.
Mishra said that a suicide note was also recovered from his barrack in which the deceased stated that he was upset as his family members could not get him bail from the court.
- Ten years on, MGNREGA requires constant review. And consistency in political support
- The global economy is in trouble but India is attracting positive comment
- India’s expanding stakes in US demand a more strategic view of their changing politics
- Supreme Court has an opportunity to rectify its ruling on Section 377
- And everyone loves censorship — or so it seemed, at a session at the Jaipur Lit Fest
- The problem in Arunachal is as much about politics as about institutional norms