Undertrial dies after consuming poison
- In Delhi, Hardik Patel says he will take movement across country
- Bihar: BJP hits back, says it was not a Swabhiman rally but Apman rally
- Hindu women should never marry outside community: Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
- Ready to amend Land Acquisition Act, ordinance will lapse tomorrow: PM
- Sheena murder case: Suitcase seized, accused taken to Raigad forest to 'recreate' crime scene
An undertrial lodged in the district jail today died after he allegedly consumed poison in his barrack, jail officials said.
Neeraj, who was lodged in the jail on the charges of rape, consumed poison on the night of November 13 after which he was rushed to the hospital where he died this afternoon, jail superintendent A K Mishra said.
Mishra said that a suicide note was also recovered from his barrack in which the deceased stated that he was upset as his family members could not get him bail from the court.
An inquiry has been ordered by the jail administration in this regard, he added.