Undertrial dies in prison, cops await medical report
- Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court convicts 12 including Abu Jundal
- Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August, attend Saarc meet
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai after passenger creates ruckus
- Assam floods: Sonowal directs ministers to visit constituencies as situation worsens
- Bhagwant Mann: Didn't breach security, even TV channels broadcast from Parliament
Rajbir Singh Bhullar, an undertrial and the prime accused in the murder case of NRI Gurinder Singh, died at the Gurdaspur jail on Wednesday after complaining of health problems. A Canadian resident, Gurinder Singh was shot dead at the Batala courts complex in September 2011 when he had come to appear in a case.
Bhullar, a BJP councillor from Batala at that time was among those named for the murder. Gurdaspur Deputy Commissioner Abhinav Trikha said as per standard procedure in such type of cases, an inquest by Judicial Magistrate has been marked.
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage
- Strengthen Centre-state relations by giving the Inter-State Council teeth
- The Patel agitation and Dalit unrest threaten BJP’s dominance in Gujarat
- The CAMPA Bill: Whose forests are these anyway?
- Arundhati Ghose will be remembered for her role in India’s nuclear diplomacy
- Nativist sentiments and a growing tendency towards looking inwards imperil globalisation