Undertrial jumps from train, dies
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal on dharna against attack on Bharti; Modi to file nomination from Varanasi
- Modi to Cong: Just 20 days more...Will take revenge
- SC to frame rules to snip govt ads
- Donât allow regional parties to contest LS polls: Chavan
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Modi urges youngsters to vote; Medha Patkar alleges money distribution by parties
An undertrial died when he jumped from a running train while he was being brought to Kanpur from Varanasi on Tuesday early morning. The incident took place at Chakeria area of Kanpur district. The police said Rajesh Pal, 25, pushed aside the police team which was deployed in his security and jumped from the train.
A native of Hardoi, Pal was lodged at Kanpur District Jail since August 2011. He had two criminal cases, including one of attempt to murder and another under the Arms Act, lodged against him at Fazalganj police station in Kanpur.
Kanpur District Jail Superintendent, RN Pandey said on May 11, Pal and another undertrial Jitendra Kumar Botham were sent to the mental asylum in Varanasi for a medical check-up after they started behaving abnormally.
On Monday, a police team was bringing both undertrials to Kanpur by the Lichhavi Express.
- Hyderabad blast 2013: Agencies hunt for Mangalore ‘source’
- Police raids Giriraj Singh's home to arrest him for hate remarks
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police
- Sindhu, Kashyap advance, Srikanth exits early at Asian C’ships
- Adhiban recovers, stays in lead
- 1 jumps to death as fire breaks out in Surat 10-storey building