Unemployed linemen on strike
- Malaysia signals missing plane carrying 239 including 5 Indians has crashed
- Internal battle in BJP out in open: M M Joshi seeks clarity on Varanasi seat
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
- Rest in freeze: Is Ashutosh Maharaj 40-day âclinically deadâ or a guru in a very long meditation?
Hunger strike by unemployed linemen lodged in Faridkot jail Saturday entered its sixth day with two: Satish Kumar and Kiranjot Kaur, having to be admitted to Civil Hospital on Friday. Members of the unemployed linemen union satged a dharna outside the hospital regarding their pending demands.
Haryana permits for new AC buses
Chandigarh: The Haryana Transport Department has decided to grant contract carriage permits to new air conditioned buses with seating capacity of 16 and above. The road tax for such vehicles has been fixed at Rs 550 per seat per year subject to maximum of Rs 35,000 and the permit fee would be charged as per the rules already in force.