Unemployed linemen on strike
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
Hunger strike by unemployed linemen lodged in Faridkot jail Saturday entered its sixth day with two: Satish Kumar and Kiranjot Kaur, having to be admitted to Civil Hospital on Friday. Members of the unemployed linemen union satged a dharna outside the hospital regarding their pending demands.
Haryana permits for new AC buses
Chandigarh: The Haryana Transport Department has decided to grant contract carriage permits to new air conditioned buses with seating capacity of 16 and above. The road tax for such vehicles has been fixed at Rs 550 per seat per year subject to maximum of Rs 35,000 and the permit fee would be charged as per the rules already in force.