Unemployed woman ends life at Malad residence
- Government issues high alert, says Islamic State expanding area of terror
- Putin vows to hunt down those who bombed Russian plane in Egypt
- Mani Shankar Aiyar to Pakistan channel: Remove Modi for talks to resume
- Chittoor Mayor shot dead while trying to save husband
- Hyderabad nursery student dies after head gets stuck in school lift
A 24-year-old woman committed suicide at her Malad residence on Saturday. Police said Meenakshi Kishor Mhatre was frustrated because she was unemployed.
Mhatre had completed her B Ed from a city college and lived with her family in Erangal village in Malad's Malwani locality. However, she was not able to get a job, police said.
Early on Saturday morning, she allegedly wrote a note to her family explaining her decision and stated that she did not hold any of them responsible for her actions.
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia
- Surrogacy isn’t morally reprehensible, surrogates should be seen as workers
- One world, one battlefield
- With five states polling soon, the great Indian election will continue without recess
- Why Stockholm punches above its weight in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since