Unemployed woman ends life at Malad residence
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
A 24-year-old woman committed suicide at her Malad residence on Saturday. Police said Meenakshi Kishor Mhatre was frustrated because she was unemployed.
Mhatre had completed her B Ed from a city college and lived with her family in Erangal village in Malad's Malwani locality. However, she was not able to get a job, police said.
Early on Saturday morning, she allegedly wrote a note to her family explaining her decision and stated that she did not hold any of them responsible for her actions.
She then allegedly hanged herself from the ceiling fan in her room with a dupatta. Her body was discovered a few minutes later by her parents who informed the police at 7 am. "Prima Facie, evidence points towards suicide and there is no foul play," said ACP, Malwani division, J Hargude.