Unemployed woman ends life at Malad residence
- India goes to poll in 9 phases between April 7 and May 12; counting on May 16
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
A 24-year-old woman committed suicide at her Malad residence on Saturday. Police said Meenakshi Kishor Mhatre was frustrated because she was unemployed.
Mhatre had completed her B Ed from a city college and lived with her family in Erangal village in Malad's Malwani locality. However, she was not able to get a job, police said.
Early on Saturday morning, she allegedly wrote a note to her family explaining her decision and stated that she did not hold any of them responsible for her actions.
She then allegedly hanged herself from the ceiling fan in her room with a dupatta. Her body was discovered a few minutes later by her parents who informed the police at 7 am. "Prima Facie, evidence points towards suicide and there is no foul play," said ACP, Malwani division, J Hargude.