Unemployed woman ends life at Malad residence
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
A 24-year-old woman committed suicide at her Malad residence on Saturday. Police said Meenakshi Kishor Mhatre was frustrated because she was unemployed.
Mhatre had completed her B Ed from a city college and lived with her family in Erangal village in Malad's Malwani locality. However, she was not able to get a job, police said.
Early on Saturday morning, she allegedly wrote a note to her family explaining her decision and stated that she did not hold any of them responsible for her actions.
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism