Match referee warns Kevin Pietersen over dissent during Ranchi ODI in 'airport toilet'
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
England batsman Kevin Pietersen was informed about his punishment by match referee Andy Pycroft, for showing dissent during the third one-day against India in Ranchi in the men toilet of city airport. Pycroft asked Pietersen and England one-day coach Ashley Giles to step into the toilet at Ranchi airport to issue them with a warning as both teams waited for the charter flight that brought them to Chandigarh, as they head to Mohali to play the fourth ODI, the Daily Mail reports.
Pietersen may deem himself lucky to escape a fine for standing in incredulity when he was given out caught behind in Saturday's third one-day international and then shaking his head as he finally left the field, the paper said. Yet perhaps Pycroft was merciful because Pietersen was clearly not out and umpire S Ravi's decision, understandable as it was in another noisy, highly charged atmosphere, was the spark for another woeful England collapse, the paper added. Giles revealed his first meeting with Pycroft was in the gent's toilet of the Ranchi airport, adding the match referee was right to speak to Pietersen.
Giles added players need to be careful with reactions to decisions, and added he Pietersen's reaction was more of disappointment than showing dissent.
- Modi govt abetted and pushed 2002 riots further, we didnâ€™t in â€™84:Â Rahul
- Rahul gifts his land near Vadraâ€™s in Haryana village to sisterÂ Priyanka
- Hrithik Roshan, Hrithik Roshan Bang Bang, Hrithik Roshan starts shooting, Hrithik Roshan Katrina Kaif, Katrina Kaif bang bang | The Indian Express
- Indiaâ€™s biggest failing | The Indian Express