Uniform admission form for govt schools
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Cong gave birth to child but killed the mother, says Modi on Telangana
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Hate speeches: Petty statements by those claiming to be BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign, says Modi
In a move to give uniformity to admission process in the state run schools, the education department has released format of admission forms for all the classes. The admission form — it will also carry the details like student's caste, parents' income and physical disability — will cut down the workload of the teachers who were earlier required to fill separate forms for student scholarships.
Director General (School Education) K S Pannu said that the format has been issued to the district education offices and from the coming session the admissions would be taken based on the form. Meanwhile the legal cell of the education department has disposed 72 cases out of 126 during the second public hearing on Thursday.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready