Union Budget for 2013-14: Sweet or bitter?
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
This was followed by the Budget Division of Finance Ministry coordinating with various ministries and departments with regard to their revenue receipt budgets during October and November months.
The details of expenditure budget and estimates of borrowings and revenue were discussed during December and initial days of January.
The Finance Minister also began his consultations with sectoral representatives in January and met economists, trade unions, industry leaders and regulators among others.
In the meantime, ministries sent their plan estimates. The budget division, which is part of the Department of Economic Affairs in the Finance Ministry, compiles the broad framework for the bulky Budget documents.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress