Students produce power with biogas from poultry waste
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi to file nomination papers from Amethi today
Five students from BCM Arya Model Senior Secondary in Shastri Nagar have successfully been able to produce electricity from biogas made from poultry waste. The project was recently showcased at the 20th National Children's Science Congress held at Banaras Hindu University in Varanasi.
Adjudged outstanding with grade A among 22 projects out of a total of 616 projects presented, the department of science and technology has also selected the project for the fellowship programme.
One of the project guidance teachers, Anuja Kaushal, talking to Ludhiana Newsline, said: "It was a research-based project worked on by Lovedeep Singh, Aishwarya Verma, Sanpreet Singh, Sharabh and Tanya, all Class X students. The theme given to us was energy harnessing exploration and what was unique in our project was that students were successful in producing energy from the biogas produced using poultry waste. It is a landmark achievement for poultry farm owners and shows a way for energy production from poultry waste."
Paramjit Kaur, principal of BCM Arya Model, said: "Our team of students worked hard under guidance of Punjab Agricultural University energy department researcher Dr Sarabjit Singh Sooch and our three teachers Nikhil Sharma, Esha Sethi and Anuja Kaushal too prepared them well."
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit