Union leaders among 120 held in Noida, looted goods recovered
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A three-member fact-finding team has been set up under the Additional Commissioner, Meerut.
Police sources said villagers from Yakupur, Nayagaon and Ilawas joined the violence and were out "only to create trouble", but there were a few who could have "intentionally egged them on".
Residents of Yakupur and Nayagaon confirmed that several from their villages had been picked up by police after the violence.
"On Tuesday night, there were some people who came and talked to the tenants here about joining the protests. Those of us who didn't go, found out about the violence when these tenants rushed back home around 3 pm," Rahim Singh, of Yakupur village, said.
SP (City) confirmed that arrests have been made from the surrounding villages. "We have made some arrests. Some stolen property has been recovered from them," he said.