Union leaders among 120 held in Noida, looted goods recovered
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
A three-member fact-finding team has been set up under the Additional Commissioner, Meerut.
Police sources said villagers from Yakupur, Nayagaon and Ilawas joined the violence and were out "only to create trouble", but there were a few who could have "intentionally egged them on".
Residents of Yakupur and Nayagaon confirmed that several from their villages had been picked up by police after the violence.
"On Tuesday night, there were some people who came and talked to the tenants here about joining the protests. Those of us who didn't go, found out about the violence when these tenants rushed back home around 3 pm," Rahim Singh, of Yakupur village, said.
SP (City) confirmed that arrests have been made from the surrounding villages. "We have made some arrests. Some stolen property has been recovered from them," he said.
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance