Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal takes down BJP over PM candidature remark
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
Taking a swipe at the debate over the issue of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's prime ministerial candidature, raging within BJP, Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal today said there was no need for Congress to do such an exercise as it would take just two hours to name a candidate at the appropriate time.
"Those (BJP) having a dispute over PM's candidature can start a campaign. The Congress doesn't have any such dispute over prime ministerial candidate and would take just two hours to decide when the time comes," the Coal minister said here.
He was replying to a query on senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha suggesting Modi as his party's PM candidate for the 2014 general elections.