Union minister threatens to file defamation case against Mullick
- Vyapam scam: MP government agrees to get journalist's viscera tested at AIIMS in Delhi
- Opinion polls show 'No' votes ahead in Greek bailout referendum
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again in Kashmir, BSF gives befitting reply
- Will do everything possible to make India innovation hub: PM Narendra Modi
- Jabalpur Medical College Dean with links to Vyapam accused found dead
Union Minister A H Khan Chowdhury on Friday said he would file a defamation case against minister and senior Trinamool Congress leader Jyotipriya Mullick for mounting an alleged personal attack on him and his family. "The notice will be sent to the West Bengal minister soon," Khan Chowdhury told mediapersons.
The press conference was called at the Congress office to protest against the provocative comments and alleged personal attacks made by Mullick against three Congress central ministers on Thursday. Mullick had dubbed the Congress a 'foolish party' and allegedly mounted a personal attack on Khan Chowdhury, Deepa Dasmunsi and Adhir Chowdhury at a TMC meeting in North 24-Parganas district. The personal attacks on the three ministers and their families should be condemned, Khan Chowdhury said.