Union minister threatens to file defamation case against Mullick
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Mulayam Singh files nomination from Azamgarh; Third FIR against Giriraj Singh
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: SRH field first, Pathan comes in for Ishant
Union Minister A H Khan Chowdhury on Friday said he would file a defamation case against minister and senior Trinamool Congress leader Jyotipriya Mullick for mounting an alleged personal attack on him and his family. "The notice will be sent to the West Bengal minister soon," Khan Chowdhury told mediapersons.
The press conference was called at the Congress office to protest against the provocative comments and alleged personal attacks made by Mullick against three Congress central ministers on Thursday. Mullick had dubbed the Congress a 'foolish party' and allegedly mounted a personal attack on Khan Chowdhury, Deepa Dasmunsi and Adhir Chowdhury at a TMC meeting in North 24-Parganas district. The personal attacks on the three ministers and their families should be condemned, Khan Chowdhury said.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready