United States, United Nations condemn terrorist attack in Russia
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
The United States and the United Nations have condemned the terrorist attack in Volgograd in Russia that killed at least 16 people.
"The United States condemns in the strongest terms today's terrorist attack in Volgograd," the State Department spokesperson Jen Psaki said on Sunday.
"We send our sincere condolences to the families of the victims and stand in solidarity with the Russian people against terrorism of any kind," she said in a statement.
According to news reports, at least 16 people were killed and dozens injured on Sunday when a suicide bomber blew herself up in a train station in the Russian city of Volgograd ahead of February's Olympic Games in nearby Sochi.
At the United Nations headquarters in New York, the UN Secretary-General, Ban Ki-moon, condemns the terrorist attack.
"He extends his deepest sympathies to the families of the victims as well as to the Government and people of the Russian Federation," said a UN statement.
"The Secretary-General calls for the perpetrators of his heinous act to be brought to justice. He stands in solidarity with the Russian Federation in the face of terrorism," it said.
In another statement, members of the UN Security Council condemned the strongest terrorist attack and called for bringing to justice, the perpetrators and sponsors of this reprehensible act of terrorism.
"The members of the Security Council reaffirmed that terrorism in all its forms and manifestations constitutes one of the most serious threats to international peace and security, and that any acts of terrorism are criminal and unjustifiable, regardless of their motivation, wherever, whenever and by whomsoever committed," the UN Security Council said.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express