University bags award in e-governance competition
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal holds roadshow in Varanasi before filing nomination
- Bhavnagar model: Muslim buys house, canât move in
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
University of Pune (UoP) has bagged the silver award for its automation project Pune University Network (PUN) in the e-governance competition 2013.
VB Gaikwad, Director, Board of College & University Development (BCUD), said, "I gave two presentations to the committee appointed by the state government to analyse automation project Pune University Network. The award was given in the e-governance category (IT for Environment)." The award will be handed over by Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan.
The vision statement of PUN is enhancement of access, equity, inclusiveness and quality of academia and administration, through information and communication technology.
"The project was inaugurated on February 10, 2009 has been adding more and more online services over a period of time. Currently, it is offering around 32 online services in integrated mode. The project was also acknowledged as a benchmark system for automation for all universities in Maharashtra at a meeting of Joint Board of vice-chancellors on August 16, 2011," said officials.
Some of the major achievements of the project are 99.5 per cent uptime from servers of university data centres and 100 per cent automated affiliation and eligibility process for all colleges/institute since last 3 years. All the major college interactions and services from BCUD section have been automated since last 3 years besides making all the examination forms available online since last one year.
"We also have online services for applying for convocation certificates, migration, PG admissions, PHD exams etc. since last 2 years. We have also allocated unique code to each college/institute, students, teachers with single sign-in service. We have an online question paper distribution system with all security measures for two faculties. The student's facilitation centre is also completely automated," added Gaikwad.
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry
- Pune AAP volunteers all set to hit campaign trail in Varanasi
- ‘Interstate’ gang of chain snatchers held; gold worth Rs 80 lakh seized
- CBI, Army vigilance wing carry out daylong search at NDA
- Balancing Act