UoP to provide monetary help to needy students
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- Prospects dim, Congress finding it hard to get many of its MPs to run for Lok Sabha
The University of Pune (UoP) has decided to provide monetary support for needy students in the coming academic year. The decision was taken at the management council meeting on Tuesday.
"In the coming budget session, we will decide on additional monetary support to be provided to needy students in the university," said Adsul, senior member of management council.
At the meeting, vice-chancellor WN Gade and Controller of Examination Sampada Joshi were also praised by the council for their tough stance on re-evaluation scam. "The management council members congratulated both vice-chancellor and Joshi for their tough stance during investigations," said Adsul.
The council members also criticised the recent media reports citing closure of external examination department. "Some university authorities had approached media with wrong information that external department is closing down. This is entirely baseless and such things hurt the image of university," said Adsul.
There were also proposals to hold more exhibitions and workshops such as Indo German Mela on regular basis to give exposure to students. "In the near future, we will also open university centres in Nashik and Ahmednagar," added Adsul.