UP announces awards
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
State Government on Saturday announced the names of sportspersons on whom the Laxman Awards and Rani Lakshmi Bai Awards for the year 2009-10 would be conferred. Amit Choudhary (Body Building), Vivek Mishra (Gymnastics), Ratish Kumar Pandey (Handball), Jasmer Singh (Kabaddi), have been chosen for Laxman Awards, Sukanya (Athletic) would be given the Rani Lakshmi Bai Awards. The award carrying a cash prize of Rs 50,000 would be given to the winners on August 29, during the Sports Day celebrations, said Dr Lalit Verma, principal secretary (Sports), in a press release.