UP college suicide: 4 students held
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
A day after a student of BTech at Etawah-based BR Ambedkar College of Agriculture Engineering and Technology reportedly committed suicide inside his hostel room, the police on Sunday arrested four students staying in the same hostel for abetting the suicide.
The police have lodged an FIR at Civil Lines police station against four students under IPC 306(abetment of suicide) on the complaint of Indra Prakash Singh, father of deceased student Manu Singh. The body of Manu (21) who was pursuing his BTech second year in Electronics and Communication was found hanging from the ceiling fan of his room in Vishweshwaraiah hostel on Saturday morning.
The police arrested Amit Kumar, a resident of Bareilly, Gaurav Chaudhary, a resident of Mathura, Dipankar Sharma, a resident of Moradabad, and Suyash Tiwari, a resident of Nawabganj, who also stayed at Vishweshwaraiah hostel. All four are students of BTech of BR Ambedkar College of Agriculture Engineering and Technology. They were named in the complaint by Singh, who is the principal of a Hardoi-based private school.