UP cop names SP leader in bribery case, shifted
- AAP battles Modi in Delhi, Congress missing
- First time, Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, calls her change ânakliâ
- Third phase of LS polls ends: High turnout in 91 seats; Chandigarh tops with 74 per cent
- Riot victims fight fear to vote, get glimpse of home
- Narendra Modi mentioned wife in poll affidavit after SC order on full disclosure
When contacted, Rana today said he was not aware of the reason behind his transfer. He added that he had taken action on the basis of evidence. He said K C Pandey has been charged with criminal conspiracy under Section 120-B of IPC for sheltering the cattle smuggling racket.
The investigating officer had sent a letter to Chiluatal police station, which is the local police station of K C Pandey's native place in Gorakhpur district, seeking help for his arrest. The letter was received at the Chiluatal police station on January 18, said Rana, adding that K C Pandey is still a wanted in the case.
HC seeks govt reply
Hearing a petition challenging the appointment of SP secretary K C Pandey as vice chairman of the UP Council of Sugarcane Research, the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court on Wednesday asked the state government to file a reply within two weeks regarding the criteria for making such appointments.
- Srinath wins title but Deshpande steals show
- Ambala Lok Sabha constituency: 65.15 pc vote in Panchkula district
- ‘No smoking’ signages to dot polling booths
- City breaks electoral record as 74 pc turn out to vote
- BJP campaign in Varanasi starts April 12 — without Modi
- Cong spending Rs 50 cr on each constituency: Kumaraswamy