UP cop who named SP leader in bribery case shunted out of post
- Cong makes public Raje's signed document backing Lalit Modi, asks govt to sack her
- Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal announces run for US presidential elections 2016
- Maharashtra minister Pankaja Munde accused of Rs 206 crore 'scam'
- Smriti Irani in dock over fake degree; Congress, AAP demand her sacking
- All above the age of 75 in BJP declared brain dead by Modi: Yashwant Sinha
When contacted, Rana today said he was not aware of the reason behind his transfer. He added that he had taken action on the basis of evidence. He said K C Pandey has been charged with criminal conspiracy under Section 120-B of IPC for sheltering the cattle smuggling racket.
The investigating officer had sent a letter to Chiluatal police station, which is the local police station of K C Pandey's native place in Gorakhpur district, seeking help for his arrest. The letter was received at the Chiluatal police station on January 18, said Rana, adding that K C Pandey is still a wanted in the case.