UP govt employees continue strike against quota in promotions
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
The government employees in Uttar Pradesh continued their agitation against quota for SC/STs in promotions for the sixth day on Tuesday.
"This bill is not in the favour of the nation and nearly 18 lakh employees are continuing on strike to oppose it," President of Sarvjan Hitay Sanrakshan Samiti Shailendra Dubey said.
He said the decision taken in the Rajya Sabha was unfortunate and poses a danger to social harmony.
On the other hand the pro-reservation staff has decided to work for four extra hours every day.
"The Araskshan Bachao Sangharsh Samiti has decided that in case of strike it members would continue to work for extra four house," its convenor Awadhesh Verma said.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it