UP govt grants Rs 1 crore aid to Madhuri Dixit's 'Dedh Ishqiya'
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Uttar Pradesh government has given Rs one crore aid to Madhuri Dixit starrer "Dedh Ishqiya" and Saif Ali Khan's "Bullet Raja" in a bid to attract producers to shoot their films in the state.
The announcement in this regard was made by Film Bandhu at a meeting here and the same was announced by the Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav at Saifai Mahotsav yesterday.
As per the decision of Film Bandhu, the state government would give a grant of 25 per cent of the total cost of the film or Rs one crore, whichever is less, to those Hindi films whose 75 per cent shooting was done in UP, an official of Film Bandhu said here.
As both the films were shot in UP, Rs one crore aid would be given to them.
While 'Dedh Ishqiya', releasing tomorrow, is shot at Mehmoodabad in Sitapur district, shooting of 'Bullett Raja' was done in Lucknow.
The Film Bandhu will also give financial assistance to Bhojpuri and Awadhi films in future too, its officials said.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express