UP govt may announce cane prices after Nov 30
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
The Uttar Pradesh government has further delayed the announcement of sugarcane SAP. Sources say the government could not reach a consensus price that could benefit state millers and farmers.
Sources had earlier said Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav would announce cane prices on Thursday.
It is believed that the announcement has been put off not only due to differing opinion on price, but also on account of the Assembly session that begins on Friday. The government is likely to announce sugarcane SAP only after November 30, when the Assembly session would get over.
The state government is reportedly mulling over a mechanism to raise cane SAP for farmers along with a similar incentive to keep millers happy.