UP govt may announce cane prices after Nov 30
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- Prospects dim, Congress finding it hard to get many of its MPs to run for Lok Sabha
The Uttar Pradesh government has further delayed the announcement of sugarcane SAP. Sources say the government could not reach a consensus price that could benefit state millers and farmers.
Sources had earlier said Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav would announce cane prices on Thursday.
It is believed that the announcement has been put off not only due to differing opinion on price, but also on account of the Assembly session that begins on Friday. The government is likely to announce sugarcane SAP only after November 30, when the Assembly session would get over.
The state government is reportedly mulling over a mechanism to raise cane SAP for farmers along with a similar incentive to keep millers happy.