UP Govt to bear education expenses of gangrape victim's brothers
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Uttar Pradesh government will bear all educational expenses of the two brothers of the 23-year old Delhi gangrape victim.
The government took the decision after Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav visited the girl's native Medawar Kala village yesterday to meet her family, district magistrate A B Chandramauli said here today.
During the visit, the Chief minister gave a cheque of Rs 20 lakh to the parents of the girl and assured them all possible help from the state government.
He also asked the district authorities to ensure development of the village which has been selected under the "Lohia Samagra Gram Yojna" this year, the DM said.
The chief minister had also announced construction of a Primary Health Centre (PHC) in the village.
Local MP Neeraj Shekhar said a road would be constructed linking the Ballia-Buxar national highway.
Meanwhile, the girl's family said that Sony TV had not taken permission from them for its 'Crime Patrol show based on the gangrape incident.
"No one either from the channel nor the producers had approached us to take our permission for the show," they added.
Information and Broadcasting Ministry had yesterday asked Sony TV not to telecast the episode of its Crime Patrol show based on the December 16 Delhi gang-rape.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun