UP govt to provide police, education jobs to youths: Akhilesh
- Babri Masjid demolition case: SC issues notices to Advani, other BJP leaders over conspiracy charges
- Seven years ago, everyone saw Delhi’s air take a deadly U-turn but no one did a thing
- LIVE: 16 dead as floods ravage parts of Jammu and Kashmir
- Take this, Congress: NDA plans a memorial for Narasimha Rao
- Punjab panel books Muslims, Christians with ‘fake’ SC papers
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today said his government would soon start recruiting unemployed youths in education and police departments to provide them jobs.
"Appointments in education and police departments will be started soon and youths will be given jobs", Yadav said while talking to reporters here.
Yadav said his government was already giving unemployment allowance to youths and now planned to employ them by filling vacant posts in government departments.
The Chief Minister was here to attend the marriage function of former minister Vinod Kumar Singh alias Pandit Singh's nephew Suraj Singh.
Vinod Kumar Singh was minister of state for Revenue before he resigned from his post following allegation of abducting a Chief Medical Officer.
Regarding the announcement of cane price, Yadav said it would be more than the present rate keeping in mind the interest of the cane farmers.