UP govt transfers 27 IPS officers
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The state government on Saturday transferred 27 IPS officers including three range IGs and eight officers of the DIG rank. The Gorakhpur range IG, PK Tiwari, replaced Agra range IG Vijay Kumar who is asked to join the Kanpur range in the same capacity.
The IG at Government Railway Police Headquarters at Lucknow, Chandra Prakash, has been transferred as IG of Gorakhpur range while the Kanpur range IG, Bruj Bhushan, is awaiting posting.
The transfers also included transfer of Gorakhpur DIG, Aseem Arun, who replaced the Agra DIG, LV Antony Dev Kumar, who awaits the new posting while the Aligarh range DIG, Mukesh Babu Shukla has been posted as the Gorakhpur DIG.
The Chitrakoot range DIG, BP Tripathi, would be joining as Aligarh range DIG while the DIG of Regional Training Centre at Chunar (Mirzapur), SK Mathur, would replace Tripathi at Chitrakoot range.
The Varanasi DIG, Prem Prakash, was transferred as Jhansi range DIG while DIG, Establishment at Allahabad Police Headquarters, Lalji Shukla, replaced Prem Prakash.
Meanwhile, SPs of Ambedkar Nagar, Sitapur, Ghazipur, Chandauli, Gonda, Deoria, Ballia, Maharajganj, Shahjahanpur and Mainpuri districts and six others at different units of the state police were also transferred.