UP govt transfers 27 IPS officers
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
The state government on Saturday transferred 27 IPS officers including three range IGs and eight officers of the DIG rank. The Gorakhpur range IG, PK Tiwari, replaced Agra range IG Vijay Kumar who is asked to join the Kanpur range in the same capacity.
The IG at Government Railway Police Headquarters at Lucknow, Chandra Prakash, has been transferred as IG of Gorakhpur range while the Kanpur range IG, Bruj Bhushan, is awaiting posting.
The transfers also included transfer of Gorakhpur DIG, Aseem Arun, who replaced the Agra DIG, LV Antony Dev Kumar, who awaits the new posting while the Aligarh range DIG, Mukesh Babu Shukla has been posted as the Gorakhpur DIG.
The Chitrakoot range DIG, BP Tripathi, would be joining as Aligarh range DIG while the DIG of Regional Training Centre at Chunar (Mirzapur), SK Mathur, would replace Tripathi at Chitrakoot range.
The Varanasi DIG, Prem Prakash, was transferred as Jhansi range DIG while DIG, Establishment at Allahabad Police Headquarters, Lalji Shukla, replaced Prem Prakash.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words