UP govt workers go on flash strike
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Uttar Pradesh government employees who are opposing reservation in promotions today went on a flash strike after they were allegedly beaten up by BJP workers at the airport here.
"We had gone to submit a memorandum to senior BJP leaders against the passage of the bill in Rajya Sabha as the party's national president Nitin Gadkari, too, was present when the incident happened," convenor of Sarvjan Hitay Sanrakshan Samiti, Shailendra Dubey, said.
The BJP brass is in the city to preside over former UP Chief Minister Kalyan Singh's re-entry into the party.
Dubey alleged that former state president Surya Pratap Shahi had instigated BJP workers to carry out an unprovoked attack on the employees' group.
Dubey said that the incident took place in the presence of Gadkari, state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai and senior leader Kalraj Mishra.
"I have given a call for boycott of work and will hold a protest meeting in the afternoon," he said.
Later, at a demonstration near Vidhan Bhawan, the agitating employees demanded that Shahi and other party workers involved in the attack be arrested.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment