UP head of Anchor Electricals booked for ‘molestation’
- Elections 2014 Live: TMC workers beat up poll officials in Bengal; Rahul attacks Modi over Adani link
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
The police on Saturday lodged an FIR against the Uttar Pradesh head of Anchor Electricals Private Ltd for allegedly making indecent advances towards a female employee of the company.
An FIR has been lodged at Hazratganj Mahila Thana against Bhavesh Ajmera, UP head of Anchor Electricals Private Ltd, on the complaint of a woman who works as an executive in the billing department of the company's Lucknow office.
The woman, a resident of Krishna Nagar area of Lucknow, alleged that Ajmera misbehaved with her at the office in Govinda Building on Shahanazaf Road. In her complaint, she alleged that Ajmera made indecent advances towards her when she had gone to get some papers signed by him.
She alleged that Ajmera tried to grab her hand when she went into his room. Later, when she objected to his advances, Ajmera used indecent language and also threatened to get her killed, the woman alleged.
Mahila Thana Station House Officer Shiva Shukla said police had registered a case under IPC 294 (Obscene acts), 504 (intentional insult) and 506 (criminal intimidation) on the complaint of the woman and have started the investigation in the case.
Ajmera could not be reached for his comments despite several attempts.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi