UP head of Anchor Electricals booked for ‘molestation’
- Missing AN-32: All leads have turned out to be bad, says Manohar Parrikar
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt issues notification, relief to lakhs of central govt employees
- Kashmir unrest: Barring Anantnag, curfew lifted from all parts; schools remain shut
- At least 19 killed in knife attack at facility for handicapped in Japan
- Delhi: Auto rickshaw, taxi strike hits commuters hard in the city
The police on Saturday lodged an FIR against the Uttar Pradesh head of Anchor Electricals Private Ltd for allegedly making indecent advances towards a female employee of the company.
An FIR has been lodged at Hazratganj Mahila Thana against Bhavesh Ajmera, UP head of Anchor Electricals Private Ltd, on the complaint of a woman who works as an executive in the billing department of the company's Lucknow office.
The woman, a resident of Krishna Nagar area of Lucknow, alleged that Ajmera misbehaved with her at the office in Govinda Building on Shahanazaf Road. In her complaint, she alleged that Ajmera made indecent advances towards her when she had gone to get some papers signed by him.
She alleged that Ajmera tried to grab her hand when she went into his room. Later, when she objected to his advances, Ajmera used indecent language and also threatened to get her killed, the woman alleged.
Mahila Thana Station House Officer Shiva Shukla said police had registered a case under IPC 294 (Obscene acts), 504 (intentional insult) and 506 (criminal intimidation) on the complaint of the woman and have started the investigation in the case.
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food