UP head of Anchor Electricals booked for ‘molestation’
- Three students, allegedly planning to join ISIS, detained at Nagpur airport
- 'Biggest surprise of all': US media praises PM Modi's stop-over in Pakistan
- Key idea of PM's stopover: Demystify India-Pak visits, delink from outcome
- AAP government suspends three transport officials for alleged corruption
- Sadhana: The actor with the timeless elegance, the fringe and that outfit
The police on Saturday lodged an FIR against the Uttar Pradesh head of Anchor Electricals Private Ltd for allegedly making indecent advances towards a female employee of the company.
An FIR has been lodged at Hazratganj Mahila Thana against Bhavesh Ajmera, UP head of Anchor Electricals Private Ltd, on the complaint of a woman who works as an executive in the billing department of the company's Lucknow office.
The woman, a resident of Krishna Nagar area of Lucknow, alleged that Ajmera misbehaved with her at the office in Govinda Building on Shahanazaf Road. In her complaint, she alleged that Ajmera made indecent advances towards her when she had gone to get some papers signed by him.
She alleged that Ajmera tried to grab her hand when she went into his room. Later, when she objected to his advances, Ajmera used indecent language and also threatened to get her killed, the woman alleged.
Mahila Thana Station House Officer Shiva Shukla said police had registered a case under IPC 294 (Obscene acts), 504 (intentional insult) and 506 (criminal intimidation) on the complaint of the woman and have started the investigation in the case.
- Greater ambitions have been set between India, US for 2016
- The official 'Ambedkar' is more and more different from the original
- Susanne Rudolph helped explain Indian democracy in all its complexity
- In Pakistan, being a liberal means going against the ideology of the state
- To 2016, uncertainly
- Why so many students are at the mercy of the private sector