UP ministerís 18-yr-old son dies in accident
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Uttar Pradesh Horticulture and Food Processing Minister Raj Kishore Singh's 18-year-old son Upendra Kumar Singh alias Shubham died when he lost control over the SUV he was driving. The vehicle collided with the parapet of a flyover in Lucknow's Gomti Nagar area on Wednesday morning.
The vehicle, a Tata Safari, which belonged to the minister, was badly smashed in the accident. Upendra, a student of class XII, died on the spot.
The police said the incident occurred due to rash driving. They also suspect Upendra was talking on the cellphone while driving. It is not clear where he was going.
Sub-Inspector Parush Ram Ojha of the Udyan police outpost, who was the first person to reach the spot on getting information from the police control room, said the body was flung out of the vehicle due to the impact.
She sent Brij Kishore Singh, the minister's brother, to bring him back. She also called up Upendra and asked him to come back, but he did not. By the time Brij Kishore reached the spot, it was all over.
As the news of the incident spread, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and several ministers visited Singh's residence to console the family.
None in the family was in a condition to talk about why Upendra left home and where he was going.
He said the SUV, which was being driven at high speed, hit the parapet on both sides of the road several times and an electrical pole as it hurtled down the road before stopping in mangled pieces.
Ojha said that, to begin with, there were two more persons in the vehicle, but Upendra reportedly asked them to get down and took over the steering. A short distance later, the tragedy ocurred. The two men informed the family which, in turn, informed the police control room, said Ojha.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in large¬†numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, says¬†Rahul
- ‚ÄėModi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitude‚Ä¶ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for this¬†country‚Äô
- ‚ÄėNarmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canals‚Äô | The Indian Express