UP ministerís 18-yr-old son dies in accident
- Dawood's hanging would have satisfied us more: Family of 93 blasts victim
- Terrorists who attacked Gurdaspur came from Pakistan: Rajnath Singh
- Nation bids tearful adieu to former president APJ Abdul Kalam
- Why this unseemly hurry in Yakub execution: Prashant Bhushan
- Taliban confirms leader Mullah Omar's death, new successor already in place
Nitya Nand Rai, Circle Officer of Gomti Nagar, said the boy was rushed to a hospital where doctors declared him brought dead. Upendra was the minister's younger son. The body was taken to the minister's native place in Basti for cremation.
Sources at the minister's residence said that Upendra left home early in the morning, along with a driver and one more person. Later, he asked them to get down and headed towards Shaheed Path. The two called up his mother Suman, and informed that Upendra was driving the vehicle.