UP ministerís 18-yr-old son killed in car accident
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Uttar Pradesh Horticulture and Food Processing Minister Raj Kishore Singh's 18-year-old son Upendra Kumar Singh alias Shubham died when he lost control over the SUV he was driving. The vehicle collided with the parapet of a flyover in Lucknow's Gomti Nagar area on Wednesday morning.
The vehicle, a Tata Safari, which belonged to the minister, was badly smashed. Upendra, a student of class XII, died on the spot. The police said the incident occurred due to rash driving and suspect Upendra was on the cellphone.
Sub-inspector Parush Ram Ojha of the Udyan police outpost said the body was flung out of the vehicle due to the impact. He said the SUV, which was being driven at high speed, hit the parapet on both sides of the road several times and an electrical pole as it hurtled before stopping in mangled pieces. Ojha said that, to begin with, there were two more persons in the vehicle, but Upendra reportedly asked them to get down and took over the steering.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18