UP ministerís 18-yr-old son killed in car accident
- Rahul says Modi ignoring farmers, govt replies you looted them for 10 years
- Govt to give befitting reply to Hafiz Saeed's threat: Rijiju
- Would not be bad if we fulfill 50 percent promises: Arvind Kejriwal
- 'China wants to promote Indo-Pak peace talks amid Xi's visit'
- Suspected Pak vessel with 8 'smugglers' intercepted off Gujarat coast
Uttar Pradesh Horticulture and Food Processing Minister Raj Kishore Singh's 18-year-old son Upendra Kumar Singh alias Shubham died when he lost control over the SUV he was driving. The vehicle collided with the parapet of a flyover in Lucknow's Gomti Nagar area on Wednesday morning.
The vehicle, a Tata Safari, which belonged to the minister, was badly smashed. Upendra, a student of class XII, died on the spot. The police said the incident occurred due to rash driving and suspect Upendra was on the cellphone.
Sub-inspector Parush Ram Ojha of the Udyan police outpost said the body was flung out of the vehicle due to the impact. He said the SUV, which was being driven at high speed, hit the parapet on both sides of the road several times and an electrical pole as it hurtled before stopping in mangled pieces. Ojha said that, to begin with, there were two more persons in the vehicle, but Upendra reportedly asked them to get down and took over the steering.