UP MLA Mahendra Singh held in Goa dance bar raid, booked under Anti-Prostitution Act
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Uttar Pradesh MLA Mahendra Singh was among the six persons arrested by Goa Police following a raid at a Panaji dance bar who have been booked under the Anti-Prostitution Act, the police said. Police inspector Rajendra Prabhudesai Tuesday night said that Singh, the MLA from Sitapur constituency, was arrested Monday night.
Six girls, from Punjab, Delhi, Mumbai, UP and Chhattisgarh, were rescued during the raid.
Prabhudesai said police had already informed the UP Assembly Speaker about Singh's arrest as that was mandatory under law. Singh is reportedly a four-time MLA from Sitapur. Earlier, DSP Mahesh Gaonkar said that two other people from UP, were also arrested.