UP MLA Mahendra Singh held in Goa dance bar raid, booked under Anti-Prostitution Act
- Congress candidate Imran Masood, who threatened to 'chop Modi', arrested; Rahul may cancel Saharanpur rally
- 5 officers killed as IAFâs new showpiece Super Hercules crashes near Gwalior
- More jobs, tax relief, IIT-IIM in each state: Modi manifesto mantra
- SC makes Gavaskar BCCI chief for IPL, no role for Srinivasan
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Imran Masood, who threatened to 'chop Modi to pieces', arrested; Rahul Gandhi to call off Saharanpur rally
Uttar Pradesh MLA Mahendra Singh was among the six persons arrested by Goa Police following a raid at a Panaji dance bar who have been booked under the Anti-Prostitution Act, the police said. Police inspector Rajendra Prabhudesai Tuesday night said that Singh, the MLA from Sitapur constituency, was arrested Monday night.
Six girls, from Punjab, Delhi, Mumbai, UP and Chhattisgarh, were rescued during the raid.
Prabhudesai said police had already informed the UP Assembly Speaker about Singh's arrest as that was mandatory under law. Singh is reportedly a four-time MLA from Sitapur. Earlier, DSP Mahesh Gaonkar said that two other people from UP, were also arrested.
- I shake hands with every woman I meet… It leaves a lasting impact: Jannat
- Kadam, Vyavahare, Bagwe in Congress star campaigners’ list
- Modi rally: Traffic snarls likely today
- Cong MLC goes to EC, complains against Ramdev
- Customs officials dispose of drugs worth Rs 64.67 lakh
- State warned of contempt on failing to disburse hail-aid in time