UP MLA Mahendra Singh held in Goa dance bar raid, booked under Anti-Prostitution Act
- LIVE: Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan expelled from AAP National Executive committee
- President Pranab Mukherjee goes to Vajpayee's home with Bharat Ratna
- Land bill will ‘break nation’s backbone’, Sonia tells Gadkari
- After 2010 scare, DGCA got cockpit policy to avert Germanwings-type incident
- Leave IITs alone, can’t talk to 36 applicants in a day and choose (directors): Kakodkar
Uttar Pradesh MLA Mahendra Singh was among the six persons arrested by Goa Police following a raid at a Panaji dance bar who have been booked under the Anti-Prostitution Act, the police said. Police inspector Rajendra Prabhudesai Tuesday night said that Singh, the MLA from Sitapur constituency, was arrested Monday night.
Six girls, from Punjab, Delhi, Mumbai, UP and Chhattisgarh, were rescued during the raid.
Prabhudesai said police had already informed the UP Assembly Speaker about Singh's arrest as that was mandatory under law. Singh is reportedly a four-time MLA from Sitapur. Earlier, DSP Mahesh Gaonkar said that two other people from UP, were also arrested.