UP MLA Mahendra Singh held in Goa dance bar raid, booked under Anti-Prostitution Act
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Uttar Pradesh MLA Mahendra Singh was among the six persons arrested by Goa Police following a raid at a Panaji dance bar who have been booked under the Anti-Prostitution Act, the police said. Police inspector Rajendra Prabhudesai Tuesday night said that Singh, the MLA from Sitapur constituency, was arrested Monday night.
Six girls, from Punjab, Delhi, Mumbai, UP and Chhattisgarh, were rescued during the raid.
Prabhudesai said police had already informed the UP Assembly Speaker about Singh's arrest as that was mandatory under law. Singh is reportedly a four-time MLA from Sitapur. Earlier, DSP Mahesh Gaonkar said that two other people from UP, were also arrested.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express