UP MLA Mahendra Singh held in Goa dance bar raid, booked under Anti-Prostitution Act
- Live: Hurriyat hardliner Masarat Alam's release rocks Parliament, Cong seeks PM's statement
- Dimapur lynching: On social media, first ‘rape’, then ‘Bangladesh man’
- Seconds before being stabbed, Indian techie called husband to say she was being followed
- Land acquisition debate: ‘They gave us a window, then went back to 1894’
- Beef ban may spell doom for Dharavi leather trade
Uttar Pradesh MLA Mahendra Singh was among the six persons arrested by Goa Police following a raid at a Panaji dance bar who have been booked under the Anti-Prostitution Act, the police said. Police inspector Rajendra Prabhudesai Tuesday night said that Singh, the MLA from Sitapur constituency, was arrested Monday night.
Six girls, from Punjab, Delhi, Mumbai, UP and Chhattisgarh, were rescued during the raid.
Prabhudesai said police had already informed the UP Assembly Speaker about Singh's arrest as that was mandatory under law. Singh is reportedly a four-time MLA from Sitapur. Earlier, DSP Mahesh Gaonkar said that two other people from UP, were also arrested.