UP: Muzaffarnagar tense after desecration of Ambedkar statue
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A statue of Dr B R Ambedkar was found desecrated in a village here leading to tension in the area this morning, police said.
Some unidentified persons damaged the statue of Ambedkar last night in Yusufpur village under Bhopa police station, they said.
No one has been yet arrested in the matter, police said.
Members of Dalit community gheraoed the visiting Sub-divisional Magistrate and demanded action against people responsible for the desecration of the statue.