UP school owner held for ‘objectionable post’ on Facebook
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
The Agra police have arrested the owner of a private school for allegedly posting objectionable remarks against a religion on a social networking site on Monday. The accused was produced before a court and sent to jail on Tuesday.
Agra SSP Subhash Chandra Dubey said the accused Sanjay Chaudhary is a civil engineer and resident of Dayalbagh locality in New Agra area. He runs the Dev Public School in Shastri Nagar. He had allegedly made comments against a region on Facebook wall and his "act could have disturbed the communal harmony". Apart from the IT Act, he has been booked for promoting enmity among different groups of religion and doing acts prejudicial to maintenance of harmony.
The police besides arresting him raided his house and seized his laptop, data card and SIM. The SSP said the accused when questioned could not give a convincing reply.
The SSP said they had found cartoons of several politicians on Chaudhary's Facebook wall, but he has been arrested on charges of making inflammatory remarks against a religion and a community.