UP to celebrate 125 years of state Legislature
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
The Uttar Pradesh government will organise a three-day-long celebration to mark completion of 125 years of the state Legislature. A special sitting of the House will be held on January 8 next year, the day it was constituted in 1887 under the Indian Council Act of 1861, an official release said. An exhibition depicting rich history of the House will be organised, besides issuing a postal stamp and coin displaying the majestic Vidhan Sabha building, it said. Cultural programmes and lighting up all historical buildings in the state capital is also on the cards. A 10-member committee led by the Chief Minister and Chairman and Speaker of both Houses will work out the details of the programmes.
Akhilesh may visit Faizabad in December
Lucknow: Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav is likely to visit Faizabad in the first week of December. This will be Akhilesh's first visit to Faizabad after the city witnessed communal violence on October 24.