UP to celebrate 125 years of state Legislature
- Farmer's suicide: Political blame game begins, Somnath Bharti sees plot, Congress targets BJP, AAP
- Mumbai Police arrest ‘largest meow-meow drug peddler’
- Govt wants to divide Net among corporates: Rahul Gandhi
- Cabinet clears trial of juveniles as adults in ‘heinous cases’
- Ministry refuses to relax norms for 35 border projects
The Uttar Pradesh government will organise a three-day-long celebration to mark completion of 125 years of the state Legislature. A special sitting of the House will be held on January 8 next year, the day it was constituted in 1887 under the Indian Council Act of 1861, an official release said. An exhibition depicting rich history of the House will be organised, besides issuing a postal stamp and coin displaying the majestic Vidhan Sabha building, it said. Cultural programmes and lighting up all historical buildings in the state capital is also on the cards. A 10-member committee led by the Chief Minister and Chairman and Speaker of both Houses will work out the details of the programmes.
Akhilesh may visit Faizabad in December
Lucknow: Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav is likely to visit Faizabad in the first week of December. This will be Akhilesh's first visit to Faizabad after the city witnessed communal violence on October 24.