UP to celebrate 125 years of state Legislature
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Third FIR against Giriraj Singh; Muslims should not be afraid of BJP, says Joshi
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: Can SRH bowlers put brakes on KXIP batsmen?
The Uttar Pradesh government will organise a three-day-long celebration to mark completion of 125 years of the state Legislature. A special sitting of the House will be held on January 8 next year, the day it was constituted in 1887 under the Indian Council Act of 1861, an official release said. An exhibition depicting rich history of the House will be organised, besides issuing a postal stamp and coin displaying the majestic Vidhan Sabha building, it said. Cultural programmes and lighting up all historical buildings in the state capital is also on the cards. A 10-member committee led by the Chief Minister and Chairman and Speaker of both Houses will work out the details of the programmes.
Akhilesh may visit Faizabad in December
Lucknow: Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav is likely to visit Faizabad in the first week of December. This will be Akhilesh's first visit to Faizabad after the city witnessed communal violence on October 24.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready